Saturday, January 5, 2008

Who Needs Sleep?

One of my favorite Barenaked Ladies songs! And the words are so appropriate for our lives right now. My husband and I haven't had a full nights sleep in 6+ years.

Lately, it has been our youngest who has been waking frequently. She is our "feisty" girl, and she wakes up screaming and yelling. Not a simple, "Mommy, I had a bad dream" but a full blown, "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" which wakes up everyone in the house. Now, it wouldnt be a big deal to me to just let her cry it out a bit. But my 6 year old is in desperate need of all the sleep she can get - and she and my littlest share a bedroom. What were we thinking with that arrangement?

So we have been doing everything in our power to pacify our restless sleeper...which usually means that one of us puts her in our bed, and the other goes into her room and sleeps in the twin bed.

Needless to say, the chance of us having more children is pretty much slim to none. *Sorry, Gramma*

No comments: